Now I have a solid justification for ‘decaying’ my photos, I came up with a list of techniques that might be interesting to either research into or literally try.
PINTEREST BOARD – experimentation
– Different techniques and presentation ideas for end-user context later on.
- transfer onto fabric and wash? – sew back into; draw back into with water-soluble pens?
- weather glass + PVA transfer – sandpaper down afterwards??
- I like the idea of glass transfers a lot, as Matt noticed my work has alot of links to light, and perhaps transferring an image to glass is possibly the closest to being directly connected to light.
- draw / write into photo? print on matte textured paper NOT glossy/ epson paper (ink runs/ smudges)
- leave in water
- how much will an image degrade if you leave it in water for a while?
- bury in dirt
- heat/ water paper transfers
- projection – using projections onto objects and re-photographing them could produce something that holds quite a few layers of meaning.
- This could include mediums such as glass and marbles, as a way to continue to create metaphorical and literal ‘layers’ that end up being a way to create more depth in the viewers mind.